Monday, February 18, 2013

Thirty-Two: Head Over Heels


On Sunday, Grandpa Sorensen passed away. Although you're never ready to lose someone you love, it's comforting to know that he's no longer uncomfortable or in pain. I won't say much more, due to the personal and sacred nature of losing a family member, but I will say that Jordan and I can look at his family and see all that his Grandfather and Grandmother have accomplished together and that is a beautiful, beautiful thing.
___

So, they say you become more clumsy while pregnant.

During this week, I have fumbled and stumbled with everything that my fingers have touched. I spilled half a gallon of grape juice on the counter and floor, knocked an open water bottle over a time or two, my cleavage has caught more crumbs than *Jerry Rice has caught passes, and I almost side swiped a parked car while dusting off a Little Debbie cake that I dropped onto my lap while driving. Other baby mama problems this week include terrible short term memory and the inability to get up from any position other than standing. I'm out of breath and the baby's out of room. Her kicks and rolls have gotten especially poignant and much more often. I think she threw her sleep schedule out the window, because she's been on the move all day and night.

Baby Shower invitations are ready to go and would have, were it not for President's Day. Newborn and  0-3 months baby clothes are washed and folded, diaper bag is almost ready for D-Day, and we've begun rearranging so that we can fit a crib into this little apartment. Pretty much, we are just gettin' it together from here on out. I am in desperate need of finishing my birthing books and Spring Break couldn't come soon enough.

Things are getting along just fine. We are trying to enjoy this time now and not hope too much for the last several weeks to go by so quickly. It's tough, but one day this little girl will be an adult and I'll wish it was this time again. I hope that I can do the best I can now, 'cause now is what I've got.

One day, we'll show our daughter pictures of Grandpa Sorensen and she'll be able to understand how her family came to be. That's what it's about you know?

You've got to leave that when you go- people who love you and who know why you were here.


*I asked Jordan for a football player who catches the ball a lot. He said Jerry Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment