Sunday, February 10, 2013

Thirty-One: Single Digits


Where to start? 

First off, the count-down in weeks is finally in the single digits. Single digits.

This week, I might as well had been on Mars. After studying for two exams that I had on the same day and trying to take care of a bazillion other little things, my brain has probably left me for another woman. On a positive note, I got a lot done. On an even more positive note, Jordan created a beautiful tree picture for me (I've got a thing for trees) and my Christmas cactus has finally bloomed a big fat beautiful pink flower (only two months late). 

Baby S has been really active this week. Apparently neither of us are getting much sleep these days. Whenever someone tells me "You think you can't sleep now? Wait 'til you have the baby", I wonder if they've ever been pregnant. I wake up almost every hour- whether to pee, or because I've peed so much that now I'm thirsty, or whatever it is- I wake up.

Also, I legitimately think I swallowed Charizard. Tums just aren't cuttin' it these days. I think of all pregnancy symptoms, heartburn and acid indigestion have been the most prominent for me. That's alright by me though, because there are far worse symptoms out there and other than that, I've had a pretty easy pregnancy. 

My only concern right now is trying to keep up with the reading for classes, as well as the reading for the baby. I really want to finish all of the books I have about birth and what not, but I'm struggling to find the time to do so. I do feel mostly prepared. I really appreciate all of what I've read so far. 

So although it has been overwhelming, we've accomplished a lot of to-do's this week. We are taking care of all that we can do now and preparing for the arrival of our little girl into this world. 




No comments:

Post a Comment