Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Thirty: No really, THIRTY


Bam. Thirty weeks, just like that.

I remember how far away this point seemed, and it comforts me. A mere ten weeks to go, assuming that Baby Sorensen is punctual (which is unrealistic given that Jordan and I are her parents).

Things that have been on my mind lately include figuring out a baby shower date, planning for maternity photos, double fudge chocolate chip cookie dough blizzards from dairy queen, and cleaning up/packing up our apartment (or what they call "nesting"). I also have started a daily regimen of consuming red raspberry leaf tea and going on a three mile walk which, once my legs remember what walking is again, will become a five mile walk. I also have begun a mini workout that only takes a quarter of an hour.

This week has been somewhat tear-filled with overwhelming thoughts of passing classes and preparing to/having a baby, especially when every pregnant woman under the sun gave birth this week. Sorta makes you realize that this is going to happen. Because you know, sometimes you just forget you're pregnant...such as when you're brushing your teeth and you go to spit in the sink, but instead spit directly onto your belly because it is literally obstructing visual and physical access into the sink. But really, sometimes you just forget. You forget that you aren't just a giant globe, but that there really is a baby in there, that has to be born.

So here I am. Just sorting through my mind and trying to get my thoughts in order so that I can do what I gotta do to successfully finish the semester while successfully becoming a mother.

Jordan is great support, he's never missed an appointment and he lets me cry every now and then about real things and nothing.

Ten weeks. We can do this.

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great Jessica! I'm really excited for you. Obviously I've never been pregnant while taking classes and experienced those challenges, but I'm sure you're kicking butt and you're going to be a dang good momma.
    Joey and I think about you guys from time to time and hope you're doing well. Sending good thoughts your way as you go through these final few weeks!

    ReplyDelete