Thursday, November 22, 2012

Twenty: Half Way There


First of all, I thought I might tell you that last Friday, I managed to throw-up in my lunchbox. I was in a hot van riding through the rambling mountains, so needless to say I knew it was going to happen. As soon as we arrived at the destination, I kindly offered a warning to the other passengers, asked for a plastic bag- for which I was given no response, and then it was decidedly so that the lunchbox would have to suffice. Immersed in embarrassment, I opted to discretely ride home with the barfy lunchbox shamefully at my feet. Jordan said we could wash it. I threw it in the trash. There have been these kind of weeks, but then there have been weeks far beyond what I could ever be grateful for.


This week was one of those. How perfectly fitting that Thanksgiving is tomorrow.

Five months, wow. I feel like I've been quietly waiting a while to get to this week. This morning we had our Ultrasound. Not to avoid The Great Gender Reveal, but there are several things which seem far more significant. First of all, the baby is perfectly healthy. All of the numbers and figures fell into the right range and the baby still has all of those fingers that I counted at week twelve. The baby was laying in the same position as last time, which is funny considering the fact that once again, her positioning playfully frustrated the nurse (conveniently causing another Ultrasound to be scheduled in two weeks so that the nurse can get a better look at the little face, yeyuh!). The nurse said the baby was laying like a little frog, with the feet curled under the legs. She showed us the umbilical cord and I asked if the little dot at the end would be the baby's belly button and the nurse said yes and that I was the first patient she has ever had to notice that. Funny. So although Baby S was being shy again, the nurse was able to point out that SHE is in fact a GIRL.

Call it what you will, but I've known it all along. I've just known.

So after spending the morning with my mom and Jordan listening and watching the baby, I gotta say, all of its worth it. The tears, the worry, being sick, being scared. Its worth it. Because Heaven isn't so far away, it just can't be.

Coincidentally, Jordan had gotten pink flowers for me at the end of last week


No comments:

Post a Comment