Monday, September 17, 2012

Eleven: Firsts


Little was I aware, my first pregnancy would mean my first time throwing up cherry yogurt through my nose. Luckily, it was at the most convenient time imaginable. Ten minutes before class, and more specifically ironically, Health and Wellness.

So, after tying cherry stems with my nostrils, I was able to clean up and go to class and learn about heat strokes and tennis shoes.

This has not been my first experience associated with the phrase "What the heck? Nobody told me about ". Now I will spare you the details of Saturday, but I will tell you that it involved an equal amount of pain as embarrassment..and prune juice.

Among other symptoms, I have had a terrible headache for the past few hours and an odd craving for split pea soup. I don't think I'm showing any more than I believed I was at about six weeks. I feel like I've remained at a constant pudginess, but I distinctly recall weighing 117 lbs. before becoming pregnant (because I remember thinking: Holy cow, pun intended) and I weighed 124 lbs. at the appointment on Friday so maybe the bump's a little bigger. Also, when we told my sweet Grandma that I was pregnant, she said that she thought I might be because I was kinda fat. She said it (barely) more gently, but that was the general message. However, I should disclose that was before the...incident.

So this, my friends, is week eleven. Baby should be roughly the size of a lime, which is much more comforting than he or she being compared to a prune like last week. Baby can hear and can even move his or her little legs. How sweet:)

I cannot wait to feel his or her kicks, I think that is what I'm most looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment