Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thirty-Five: Where the Heart Is




On Friday, March 8th at around 5:40 in the evening, it sounded just like the Spring time outside my window- and my heart became a little lighter and a little fuller and the world felt perfect in that moment- so perfect, that it could've lasted forever, and I'd be okay with it

So this week was Spring Break, and by Spring Break I mean a foot of snow and a day without electricity. So as you may have concluded, we were not somewhere warm on a boat or a beach. We were here in town on a wild house hunt.

This week, many sleepless nights were spent trying to organize my thoughts on where we are going to live and how to afford it. Fortunately, Jordan and I have done a fairly excellent job at saving money and living frugally. With that being said, there is a difference between what we can afford and what we can afford while still being able to save money. So with this in mind, we spent the week frantically searching. On Saturday, due to my anxious manner, we drove up and down the streets of Buena Vista searching for "For Rent" signs. I know that we don't need to move until May, but I also know that finding a place now, before we have a newborn, is much more sensible. Now I won't bore you with the endless details, but basically, something fell right into our laps. Something that was exactly what we needed. And truly, I didn't deserve it this day. I was irritable and grumpy and just all together ungrateful. It was pretty humbling to find somewhere so right for us, when I had been complaining all day. I felt like a total idiot. I should've known that God wasn't going to leave me hanging. He hasn't yet and I should've remembered that. So we found a home. A home that we can afford, while still being able to save money. A home that is perfect for where we're at right now- and really, that's all we needed.

So after this burden was lifted, I was able to relax a little more- well, mentally. Sleep has evaded me, and I hear that's sorta how the last weeks go. I am really exhausted, but I'm trying to do what I gotta do to finish the semester and be ready to be someone's mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment