Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sixteen: Bumps in the Bedtime Road


Its the end of week sixteen and I can say that I officially look pregnant.

With that being said, I have also officially worn maternity pants, and I must say it really isn't that bad. Unless I think about the price. After tireless efforts to find a more affordable pair of maternity jeans that fit properly in Old Navy, I swallowed my pride and went to Motherhood. Although pricey, this decision proved to be wise. The saleswoman was very helpful in finding a pair that fit my short child-like legs, but also had enough room for me to grow in. It was pretty funny. They have these fake belly pillow things in the dressing room to try on clothes with to see how they will fit when you are further along. The only thing is that it was super lumpy and misshapen, so it looked ridiculous, but I guess it accomplished its functional purpose.

So along with looking more pregnant comes being more pregnant. In correlation, I am currently incapable of sleeping at night. Between the need to pee constantly and the inability to find a comfortable position, sleeping has become nearly impossible. On the bright side, I guess this is preparation for when Baby S is actually here. The Boppy has proven to be a wise investment.

On another positive note, we have less than two weeks until our next Centering appointment, and then only two more weeks until our next Ultrasound. Cool stuff. Never in my life have I been so excited for visits to the doctor's office until now. I love it. I truly do.

So in light of announcing our pregnancy, several people have asked about names. I am going to make the official public announcement that we are keeping our name choice(s) private until Baby S is born. I don't wish to offend anyone, and its really not to be secretive, we simply just feel that the name we choose for the baby is special to us and we want to hold it close to our hearts until she is born.

I've been thinking and wondering a lot about the baby lately. What she will look like, who she will be. These are just a few of my thoughts and hopes.


  • I hope that she will have Jordan's patience. He is so patient and kind, and I think that patience is such a beautiful virtue of love. One of great breadth. It is one that I have yet to learn. 
  • I hope that she will have Jordan's sense of charity. Jordan is so selfless, and sometimes I can be intolerant of it, but he is a loyal friend and always giving. I hope that our baby will have as charitable a heart as does her father. 
  • I hope that our baby will have my sense of humor. It may sound superficial, but I strongly feel that there are few things which humor cannot cure. I think I'm pretty funny. I hope our baby is too.
  • I hope that she will have my confidence. I'm firm in my beliefs and sometimes stubborn, but I have learned over time that I do not have to do things that I am not comfortable with. I don't have to pretend to like something that I don't. I am honest to the bone to myself. I hope that Baby S will always stand her ground when she believes in something. I hope that she can always be true to herself. From Max Ehrmann's Desiderata- "Speak your truth quietly and clearly"

Above all, I hope that she will not ever let the world break her heart. I hope that Baby S will always know that this life is only a small speck in the grand scheme of things and that if she puts her heart in the Lord's hands, it will not ever be broken. I hope that mine and Jordan's love for her will be enough for her to know her worth and never forget it in times of trial or despair.

I guess its just my impatience, but I cannot wait to show that love to her.

Well, unto week seventeen!


No comments:

Post a Comment